zondag 30 oktober 2011

A regiment a month part 6: The Heralds calling

I sort of crashed and burned allthough not entirly by my fault.
Normally it should have had the title of 'Thundering of hooves' or someting similar, featuring my usual chatter about the miniatures and pictures of 24 Confederate cavalerists but it was not to be.
This month started with some very high workpressure since the plant where I work had a part of it shut down for a 3 week huge maintance and so we had to build scaffolds left right and center even on saturdays and in overtime, needless to say this left me with very little spare time to paint said 24 horsemen from scratch.
Maybe I should've been less lazy and started working on them in advance, I could've come out triumphant after all.
Luckily faith intervined in another way, Games Workshop has wormed it's way back into The Far Side and since I still had a fairly amount of deamons lying around my butt was saved due to a 'regiment's' ability to consist of 1 model if need be.
I painted up my Herald of Nurgle, he's a failry old GW model of a Chaos sorceror with a fly face but I think he's just ideal as a fully fledged deamon.
Anybody who's a bit familliar with The Plaguelord know that his followers don't take personal hygiene very serious so no clean robes or shiny weapons for this dude, you can practically fry chips in the grease on his clothes and all the metal is corroded beyond hope.
I've attempted to paint his skin the same way as my favorite fly: the common green bottle.
No springy meadows for Nurgle's Children either, no flowers or green grass, no fertile earth and shiny pebbles.. he's standing in bubbling ooze where all the shiny-winy, ding-dong-Disney crap used to be.
I hope you like him because I surly do.



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten