donderdag 25 oktober 2012

Uhm, Sarge? I don't think that's a giant bat..

Today my Necrons finally take to the skies thanks to this nice Doom Scythe.

Ever since the model came out I had to have one, it's the coolest flyer EVER next to the Ork plane and the more I read it's stats, the more I want to field it.
Tomorrow it'll get it's chance to prove it's worth and I must say I have high hopes.

This GW kit can build you 1 out of 2 varieties, either the Night Scythe or the Doom Scythe.
The former is a transport with a capacity of 15 infantery, 7 jump infantery or 5 jetbikes (they beam them down) and the latter is a deathdealer pure and simpel.

While it's secondairy weapons are nice ( a twin linked tesla destructor) it's main one is fingerlicking groovy: The Deathray.... This puppy shoots out a beam and dissolves nearly anything underneat it.
Pretty cool but it gets better, if you hit a unit with it, the WHOLE unit gets rammed up the butt.
Me likes a LOT!!


The trusted 3-B colourscheme was applied as usual and works really well but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.






 
 
 
It wasn't until later that I noticed that I had it's stem mounted wrong on the base but this is more than alright, it makes it look as if the Scythe is in the middle of an attack run.

See you soon with some more Necron goodness..

1 opmerking: