donderdag 11 oktober 2012

Rumble in the jungle

Gamingbuddy Tomsche posted something recently on his blog and our forum about races with Deathrollers, a device often used by dwarventeams in Blood Bowl.

A fellow blogger came up with the rules and the idea to make a little 'scratchbuild your own deathroller' competition and I gladly accepted the challenge.
Since this wasn't gonna be a run of the mill project I opted for a suitable name: The Jungle Bunny!!!

Years ago I came up with the idea for using pygmees instead of Dwarfs in Warhammer, it was a fun, cheap and original project wich will always be kept around the house.
I've bought and sold several things over the ages but not this screwy funny force.
Little surpise then that I still had some of the diminiutive fellers lying in a corner somewhere and so along with some other crap from the bitsbox, glue and absolutely no idea of how it was gonna look in the end I set to work.

After an hour or 2 this was the result:







It looked a bit rubbish but after basecoating it became better:





By then, a colourscheme was starting to take shape and I wanted a dark feel to it as if it was clobbered together by a coldhearted race.
I think I succeeded:






A rough list of materlials:

1 Fenryll Pygmee
2 GW Gobling shields
1 GW Skaven shield
1 GW banner bit
Toothpicks
Saté skewers
Bits of balsawood, including the 'wheels' from a model ship
1 Round 40mm base
Kitchen rope
Sand and static grass
1 Skull
A bloody lot of glue, choice words and patience

I hope you like him and see you next time.

3 opmerkingen: